Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

Heilman Scholarship

The Heilman Scholarship provided by Rotary Club of Point West – Sacramento (PWR) is a special scholarship in memory of Guy Heilman, who was a long time PWR member.  Guy was the “leader of songs” at our club meetings.  These scholarships began from a generous donation from Mr. Heilman’s family.

Under this program scholarships of at least $1,000 are awarded each year.  PWR will accept applications from seniors at both Encina High and West Campus.  The submission deadline is May 1st each year.  Scholarships can be used for a 2 or 4 year college or a trade or technical school (i.e. automotive, construction, dental/medical, police/fire careers)

Scholarship Guidelines & Priorities

PWR is seeking graduating seniors with a a record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities and participation in extracurricular school activities.  Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a plan to attend a 2 or 4 year college or a trade/technical school.

Scholarship funds will be paid in August for the first semester of the student’s first year directly to the recipient's school.  It is the student’s responsibility to submit to PWR information for their school so payment can be made.

Important Dates:
Application deadline is May 1st each year.  Late applications will NOT accepted. Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of volunteers from PWR.  Recipients will be notified of their award no later than the first week of July.

Children and/or grandchildren of PWR members are NOT eligible to apply for this scholarship.

Please submit any questions to:    info@pointwestrotary.com  

A link to the application is on the left side of this page.