Rotary Club of Penetanguishene

PO Box 5006, Penetanguishene ON  L9M 2G2
 

Related Page

The Rotary Club of Penetanguishene is proud to announce that almost $6,000 was raised for our community during the 14th Annual Rotary Polar Plunge held on Saturday February 15th during Penetanguishene’s Winterama.  Nineteen plungers collected pledges on behalf of various non-profit organizations.  These pledges were then given to the Rotary Club of Penetanguishene which subsequently made a donation of 60% of the pledged money to the specified non-profit organization.  The other 40% will be used by the Rotary Club for its various projects within the community.  Over $100,000 has been raised by plungers over the past 14 years.  A list of all plungers and the amounts raised is provided below.

 In addition to the plungers and the community that supported them, the Rotary Club would like to recognize and thank the following:

  • Rob Lafond the rest of the crew from the Town of Penetanguishene’s Public Works Department for piling snow
  • Karlie Pipher and the rest of the Town of Penetanguishene for their support
  • Paul Ryan and the Penetanguishene Fire Department for filling the pool
  • The Penetanguishene Curling Club for hosting the event
  • The Community Emergency Response Team for being on hand
  • Rotarian Rob McLaughlin for acting as site leader during the event
  • Lisa Bateman and Jacques Brunet for for acting as our Masters of Ceremonies
  • 104.1 The Dock for supplying the sound system
  • Denise DeCourcy for the French translation of our poster
  • Penetanguishene Rotarians as well as their family and friends
  • Special thanks to Randy Gostick from Penetang Excavating, Mike McKeown, and the staff at Beacon Bay Marina for building the pool

Plunger
Pledges
Collected
Non-Profit Organization
60%
Donation
Karen Bressette $805.00 Rebecca Cloutier Family $483.00
Aisha Chiandet $530.25 Severn Sound Environmental Association $318.15
Charles Desroches $238.10 1st Penetanguishene Scouts $142.86
Francois Desroches $123.00 1st Penetanguishene Scouts $73.80
Danielle Dorion $265.00 Society of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Ann's Conference, Penetanguishene $159.00
Mikayla Hearn $117.00 Rebecca Cloutier Family $70.20
Jen Higgs $195.00 Rebecca Cloutier Family $117.00
Hai Huynh $150.00 Rotary Club of Penetanguishene $90.00
Arnie Jordan $200.00 Rebecca Cloutier Family $120.00
Celeste Leblanc $135.00 1st Penetanguishene Scouts $81.00
Sandi Levesque $230.00 Rebecca Cloutier Family $138.00
Julia Moreau $400.00 Canadian Cancer Society - Simcoe Muskoka Branch $240.00
Ivy Murphy-Bath $366.00 Waypoint Centre for Mental Health $219.60
Taylor Rawson $320.00 SickKids Foundation $192.00
Phoebe Rawson $106.00 Community Emergency Response Team $63.60
Casey Schitka $400.00 Ontario SPCA Midland & District Branch $240.00
Lisa Talbot $430.00 Rebecca Cloutier Family $258.00
Michael Walker $515.00 SickKids Foundation $309.00
Erin Wright $455.00 Christian Children's Fund of Canada $273.00

Thank you,

Brian Angus
Rotary Polar Plunge 2014 Chair