Paddle the Spectacular Ichetucknee River
Posted by Matthew Braddy on Mar 18, 2017
Saturday, May 13th @ 9:00 a.m.
8587 Elim Church Road, Fort White, FL 32038 – (386) 497-2150
Cost - $13.00 for a single kayak and $25.00 for a double – expect a 3 hour cruise
RSVP with Bill Stasiewicz at 1-352-214-6423 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited to 20 participants
Bill will provide an optional instructional session at Pizza Hut parking lot in Alachua at 8:00 a.m.
You will be led by Deb Akin from Florida Paddling Trails Associations and your sweep (the guy in the back) will be Bill Stasiewicz. Both are ACA certified Level II Kayak Instructors and certified water rescue support.
Some of the rules:
- You must wear a life jacket and have it secured
- No horse play
- Shoes must be secure (no flip flops or crocks) or not worn at all
- Items taken into a watercraft should be considered waterproof or left in the car. Some “dry bags” will be provided and Bill will have a waterproof camera
- A change of clothes is recommended.
- Stay with the group – Fast paddlers should slow down and slow pokes should try and keep up. Bill is prepared to tow you if necessary.
Lunch – Tradition on this river with this guide is that we stop at the Great Outdoor Café in High Springs for a late afternoon lunch. We will drive right by it leaving High Springs.