Club Projects > Youth Programs
The Iowa City Noon Rotary, in partnership with other Rotary clubs and Rotary International, has many opportunities for youth. These include:
- World Affairs Seminar
- This is "a unique interactive educational program for high school students. The week-long experience provides an opportunity for international students from a variety of backgrounds to discuss issues in a non-threatening environment."
- Over 27,000 future leaders have participated so far. Our club has provided several scholarships to attend this event, usually held at Carrol College in Waukesha, WI.
- View a YouTube video from a former attendee talking about a specific experience he had as a result of the World Affairs Seminar by clicking here.
- For more information, contact: Linda Farkas and visit http://worldaffairsseminar.org.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
- This is Rotary's youth leadership training program for young people. It emphasizes leadership, citizenship and personal growth.
- For our club, participants are students who apply in the spring of their sophomore or junior year of high school to attend the conference in the summer.
- For more information, contact: Linda Farkas and visit http://www.district5970.org/ryla/about-ryla or find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rylaofficial.
- Rotary Youth Exchange
- This is an international student exchange program. Our district has roughly 15 to 20 exchange students every year.
- For more information, contact Mary Ellen Lewis (email@example.com).
- Xicotepec Project
- This is an annual trip organized by our club to perform various tasks with our Rotarian partners in Xicotepec, Mexico. Each project team travels to Xicotepec over Spring Break and does a variety of work including: building new classrooms, rehabilitating playground equipment, providing medical consultations, providing dental care and more.
- Youth participants are allowed to apply to be accepted for each year's trip. Youth must be a Junior Rotarian, a member of Interact, a member of Rotaract, or a family member of a Rotarian. College students must be part of the "International Perspectives: Xicotepec" class at the University of Iowa.
- For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org