Club Committees

Club committees are where much of the great work of the Rotary Club of Kitchener is done. Below you will find information on current Club Committees, as well, you can view our Club Committees Brochure (pdf).

Car Draw

Mandate
Organizes the Club's most significant and longest running fundraiser to support the Kitchener Rotary Charitable Foundation. Car Draw ticket sales usually start in the Summer with our members encouraged to sell tickets throughout the Community and hosts the 'car draw' at a Kitchener Rangers game.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Secure and maintain liaison with vender for vehicle and sponsors of additional early bird prizes
  • Develop, design and produce promotional materials and tickets
  • Provide support, guidance and encouragement to members for the selling of tickets
  • Monitor/track distribution of tickets to members and ticket receipts
  • Arrange locations for display of vehicle and general selling of tickets, schedule ticket sellers
  • Organize mail campaign and corporate campaign for selling of tickets
  • Arrange for final night selling of tickets at Kitchener Auditorium and for drawing of winning ticket
  • Maintain budget for the event and provide summary reports to the Board of Directors

In Vino Caritas

Mandate
Organize and operates an annual ticketed fundraising social evening event open to the entire community.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Secure and maintain liaison with venue
  • Secure sponsors
  • Secure items for silent auction and organize auction
  • Plan and organize event, arrange for and deploy volunteers

Internet Auction Committee

Mandate
This committee organizes our new internet auction fundraiser event. The subcommittees include marketing, logistics and procurement.

At Work in our Community

Mandate
Provide leadership and direction for club support of community needs.  Ensure continued operation of club’s commitment to existing long-term community service projects.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Plan and conduct, with club approval, hands-on community services project on a regular basis
  • Plan and conduct the semi-annual clean up of the Dom Cardillo Trail (spring and fall)
  • Have representation on the K-W Cluster KidsAbility Fun Day planning committee and provide leadership and organization for the event within our club
  • Chair the K-W Cluster KidsAbility Fun Day planning committee once every five years
  • Plan and conduct an event to promote/highlight the Rotary Peace Park once every two or three years

Community Services

Mandate
Focuses on our efforts locally and internationally, interfaces with Rotary International for granting purposes and seeks to ensure that our Club is expanding its goodwill across the globe.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Review guidelines for club’s Grants and Allocations procedures and make recommendations for changes as appropriate on an annual basis
  • Solicit, receive and evaluate requests for donations/support and allocate funds as per club guidelines.
  • Provide regular summary reports to Board of Directors
  • Ensure the continued operation of existing World Community Service projects as per Rotary International guidelines and agreements
  • Ensure continued club support for the Rotary Foundation activities
  • Provide leadership and direction for the club on potential
  • Keep club members informed of World Community and Foundation projects and activities
  • Identifying worthy community members as recipients of Honorary Paul Harris awards

Meeting & Member Support

Mandate
Ensure the effective and efficient operation of regular and special club meetings and provide bereavement and good cheer support for all members.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Liaise with hotel/venue administration and staff
  • Store equipment and materials required for weekly meetings
  • Logistical set up for meetings
  • Greet and welcome members and guests
  • Provide for Sergeant-At-Arms duties
  • Record attendance and record minutes of weekly meetings
  • Operate the weekly 50/50 raffle
  • Provide for courier service between club office and meeting venue
  • Provide bereavement and good cheer support for members

Membership Committee

Mandate
The Membership Support Committee strategizes to both attract new and retain existing members, as well as ensure approval, welcome and orientation of new members. 

Program

Mandate
Ensure appropriate variety and balance from all Four Avenues of Service of programs for all club meetings through solicitation and setup of our speaker line-up and offsite meetings.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Secure and schedule variety of speakers/programs to ensure balance of program topics among all Four Avenues of Service and interests of club members
  • Provide title/speaker/program details to club Administrative Assistance for inclusion in weekly bulletin two or three weeks in advance of program
  • Provide speaker schedule to club President and/or Secretary well in advance
  • Communicate all audio visual or other special needs of presenters to the chair of the Meeting and Member Support committee in advance
  • Arrange for club members to introduce and thank speakers

Public Relations Committee

Mandate
The Public Relations Committee is charged with helping to promote our club and Rotary in the larger community. This committee works with other committees to increase the awareness within the club for opportunities to promote Rotary.

Social

Mandate
Ensures that we have fun while we're engaged in the business of Rotary by planning and operating a variety of appropriate social and networking activities for club members throughout the Rotary year.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Seek input from club members on desired/appropriate social activities and organize and operate events accordingly
  • Ensure the continued operation of the club’s Dine-A-Round activity
  • Organize and operate the club’s annual holiday/Christmas social event

Public Relations

Mandate
Is charged with helping to promote our Club and Rotary in the larger community.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Works with the other committees within the Club and District for opportunities to promote Rotary.
  • Understand and develop relationships with media and social media

Youth

Mandate
Ensure an ongoing, strong and active youth-leadership initiative within the club.  Extend the reach of our Club to the broader Community to engage youth through Interact, Rotaract (Rotary Clubs for University or high school aged youth) or RYLA (Youth Leadership Camp) sponsorship and mentoring. 

Primary Responsibilities
  • Maintain liaison with, support the work of, and monitor the operations of, our Interact Club at Cameron Heights C.I.
  • Select participants for RYLA and Camp Enterprise annually
  • Expand the club’s Civics and Youth program with the development of a Interact Club and a Rotaract Club
  • Support to the Kitchener Youth Civics Program

Youth Exchange

Mandate
Ensure the successful operation of the Rotary International Youth Exchange Program at the club level for our club.

Primary Responsibilities
  • Establish procedures, solicit applications, review candidates and select appropriate student(s) for the role of an outbound Rotary International Exchange Student
  • Provide counsellors and ongoing support for both inbound and outbound exchange students
  • Arrange for host families for inbound exchange students
  • Maintain regular communication with the District Youth Exchange Committee