Ray Taylor, Treasurer
President John Webster welcomed us to our regular meeting at the Crown Plaza KW at 12:35 PM.
President John named all of the club members who either helped with or attended the District Assembly / Club Leadership Training event on Saturday as the bell ringers for this week.
Ernie Ginsler was happy that his birthday was this week and that Cam forgot and didn't roast him. He was also quite pleased to have seen Guys and Dolls at Stratford this past weekend and reports that it is quite fantastic and highly recommends it to all.
Howard Pell is delighted to be having his first book signing this Saturday, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Chapters Gateway (by COSTCO).
The Classification and Membership Development Committee on behalf of the Board of Directors have approved the following proposal for membership in the Satellite Club of the Rotary Club of Kitchener.
Candidate: Jessie Bruce Classification: Software Development: Regional Sales Manager Sponsor: Melissa Tummon.
Candidate: Michelle Gardiner Classification: Online Sales: Account Manager.
Sponsor: Louise Gardiner.
Any objection to acceptance must be in the hands of Secretary, Cam Yule, in writing, no later than Friday, April 21, 2017.
Howard Pell reminded everyone that we are sponsoring the Blood Donor Clinic in Waterloo this week. There is still a need to volunteers on Tuesday from 1:00 to 3:00 and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Contact Howard if you are available. Everyone is encouraged to attend and donate blood sometime this week.
Howard also reminded members of the Ayr Bacon Fest, June 17th in support of KidsAbility. Let Howard know if you are available to volunteer for an hour or so.
- Expanded corridor from a single track to 3 tracks with room to add a forth
- 16 bridges widened or replaced
- 7 underpasses/overpasses to remove at-grade crossings
- 60 kilometres of new track
- Among other infrastructure feats, enough concrete to build 5 CN Towers was poured.
- Up to 35 new bridges for road and water crossings including significant crossings of the 401 and 410
- Modification and/or relocation of up to 17 hydro towers and as much a 3.4 km of major gas line relocation
- Construction of 60 km of new track (2 tracks X the 30 km length) plus new signal system
- Construction of a new rail/rail grade separation where the Kitchener line will cross the bypass corridor
- Noise and vibration mitigation as required for adjacent properties
- Resolution of property impacts
- The Metrolinx website metrolinx.com
- Their ongoing blog called The Link, at blog.metrolinx.com
- On Social Media through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
President: John Webster
Past President: Karen Redman
President Elect: David Chatson
Co-Secretary: Cam Yule
Co-Secretary: Candi Harrington
Treasurer: Ray Taylor
You are the eyes and ears for the club and without your notification to Bill situations and circumstances will go unnoticed. Bill can be contacted at 519-570-2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be leaving the Rotary office permanently as of this week. I wish the club well in its continued service to the community both locally and internationally.
At this point there is no replacement in the office. Please contact David Chatson or Adrian DeCoo if you have a matter normally directed to the Rotary office.
Make Up and Make Friends
Can’t make a meeting? Use it as an opportunity to meet fellow Rotarians at another local Club or online! If you attend another meeting within two weeks before or after the missed meeting, be sure to let our Club Secretary know.
Club Meeting Location
6:30 p.m. Guelph Wellington Guelph Golf and Country Club
07:15 a.m. Kitchener Grand River Walper Hotel
6:30 p.m.* Waterloo Granite Club
*meets alternating Tuesdays
07:30 a.m. Guelph Trillium Cutten Fields
12:15 p.m. Cambridge North Galt Country Club
12:15 p.m. Kitchener Westmount Crowne Plaza
07:15 a.m. Centre Wellington Elora Gorge Family Restuarant
07:30 a.m. Wellington South Springfield Golf and Country Club
12:15 p.m. Preston Hespeler Galt Country Club
07:15 a.m. Cambridge Sunrise Galt Country Club
12:15 p.m. Kitchener Conestoga Westmount Golf Club
12:15 p.m. Guelph Italian-Canadian Club
You can go online at http://www.rotaryeclubone.org to do a makeup.
Extend the exploration of your trip by visiting one of Rotary’s 34,000 clubs spanning more than 200 countries and geographical areas. You can find a Club online at https://www.rotary.org/en/search/club-finder.
Rotary Club of Kitchener
c/o KidsAbility Centre
500 Hallmark Drive,