Rotary Projects for 2008-9

Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

Rotary Club of Pontiac

2008-9 Projects and Initiatives

Current

Career Day

In May we will deliver 100 middle school children to job shadowing opportunities for the morning, then return them to lunch with an appropriate speaker

Scholarship Luncheon

The same day as the Career Day we will award scholarships to deserving Pontiac area high school graduates who are planning on attending an OaklandCounty college, university, community college or trade school.

Student of the Month

During the school year we will honor eight students at lunch with our Student of the Month Award and give them a $50 gift certificate.

Day at Crooked Lake

In partnership with OaklandCountyParks and Recreation, in June of 2009 we will take a busload of inner city children to CrookedLake in Clarkson (IndependenceOaksPark) for a morning of fishing, prizes and hot dogs.

International Water Project

We have partnered with a Club in Ecuador to support a bio-sand water filter project.

Local clean water project

We are exploring the possibility of a clean water project in the Pontiac area to draw attention to our Club and the worldwide need for clean water

Poinsettia Sales

One of our major fundraisers, we sell Poinsettias to raise funds to re-invest in the community through grants to local organizations which share our passion for the youth of Pontiac.

Alice Shotwell Gustafson Scholarship Endowment

We are half way to endowing a new scholarship in Alice's name at $100,000

Initiative to reconnect with Past Scholarship Awardees

We want to reconnect with as many past winners as possible to learn what their stories and possible ways to improve our Scholarship Award process.

Assessment of current projects / needs of the community

We want to make sure our current projects are relevant and also survey the community for possible new projects

Growth in membership

We are actively seeking to grow our membership to make our Club more significant and also representative of the community we serve

Public Relations / Community Education about Rotary

We are actively seeking Public Relations opportunities to make our Club more visible and to better educate the community about the work of Rotary