About Our Club

Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

image

What IS Rotary? It is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations, and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. Approximately 1.2 million Rotarians belong to more than 32,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas.

The Rotary Club of Randolph has been active since 1924: It is more than 80 years old and still going strong! The odds are that it will move forward with the times, changing and growing to reflect the needs of the local community it continues to both represent and support.

Youth activities have always been at the forefront of  Randolph Rotary's initiatives, both local and international. The International Youth Exchange Program sponsors a High School student for a school year in a foreign country and hosts an inbound student from another country.  In addition to the 2-year and 4-year Scholarships awarded to High School Seniors, Randolph Rotarians also sponsors the High School Speech Contest, sends students to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards program in Lyndonville and other students to attend the World Affairs Seminar in Wisconsin.

We welcome new members and look forward to continue our "Service above Self" support of the Randolph area community as well as the larger community around us by sending aid and materials to support New Orleans and Gulf Coast Hurricane relief; Tsunami aid; the Zienzele Foundation in Africa to support child headed households; helping to ubsidize a new "micro credit" program in San Cristobal, Ecuador; shipping books to San Juan, Argentina for a new Children's English Library; and contributing to the District 7850 International Water Project in Ghana

Money has been raised through sponsorships of our website as well as tried and true events such as the Scholarship Dinner, Golf Tournament, Memorial Day Downtown Chicken BBQ, Annual Fruit sale, and an exciting Randolph Rotary Fine Arts Auction that is in the works for this year.

At the heart of each Rotary club's yearlong work is the support it offers its local community. In Randolph this has included sponsoring new Welcome Signs [a Chamber of Commerce project], and otherwise beautifying our town by providing and placing flags in the downtown area, and helping the Garden Club put up flower baskets along Main Street. Randolph Rotary also provides LIFELINE medical alert/ monitors to members of the community who may otherwise not be able to stay in their homes. This year we received our first District Simplified Grant for our literacy project, Rotary Readers, a new community service project where we gave customized books to 1st and 2nd graders. Last but not least is Merry Mulch, a fun and productive community service project where we grind up old Christmas trees to produce mulch.

But for all these efforts, sometimes nothing helps like cash - and Randolph Rotary has in the past year donated significant funding to more than twenty local service providers. The areas they cover include; sports, safety, education, youth, seniors, gardens, cultural arts, mental health, and robotics - to name just a few!