The Warren Rotary Club was chartered in  1952. In the fall of  1951, the Van Dyke  Rotary club  asked and received permission from  Rotary  International  District  638 Governor  LLoyd Megee to establish a second  Rotary   club  in Warren, Michigan.
   Governor Megee appointed  Van Dyke  President  Don Hayman, Mark   Roose and Bud  Doyle to act as his  representatives  in the new venture. On a cold ,windy day  in  January  1952 , they called  Dr, Paul K. Cousino Warren Consolidated Schools  superintendent and asked him to head up a committee to invite  some of the local  business and professional men to attend  several informative meetings  at Helmlinger's restaurant  on Mound  Rd.
      During January and February  a series of weekly meetings  were held  the prospective members who had expressed an interest in learning more about Rotary International and its primary  objective "Service Above Self."
     Twenty-five men  each paid a ten dollar  fee  to enable  the Rotary Club of Warren to become a viable organization.
      On February 18, 1952 , the following officers were elected:
              President---------Paul K. Cousino 
              Vice-President--Edward Shurig
              Secretary----------Henry Blair
              Treasurer----------Walter Hartman
               Directors----------Al Bever, Tom Butcher, Jack Eckstein,and
                                           Merton Lyons
 
       The application for membership in Rotary International was approved and the $100 membership fee was accepted. Charter night was held in the Warren High  School gymnasium on March 14, 1952.   The  Warren  Rotary Club was BORN.