January 26, 2017
Posted by Nick Aroutzidis on Jan 27, 2017
February 2, 2017: Paul Finkelstein “Northern EatFit Program “. Our speaker will be introduced by Rob Ritz, and thanked by Rheo Thompson.
Head Table: Our President Kevin Silver, invites, Rob Ritz, Harry Brightwell, Norm Briscoe, Tine Buechler, John Carruthers and Tony Carter, to join him at the head table.
Guest program speakers Dianne Gaffney and Anne Campbell speaking on HPHA Partnership in Care program.
This Week: Today’s speakers were Dianne Gaffney and Anne Campbell of the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance. Anne first outlined the Patient Experience Framework. HPHA has three Guiding Principles: Supporting people (this includes patients, families of patients, and staff); Strengthening partnerships (working with other organizations in the community); and Improving performance. The goal of the Framework is to involve everyone in “Co-creating Care Delivery” and to move away from the traditional patriarchal approach.
Dianne Gaffney speaking on Care Partners new initiatives.
Dianne then described the Patient Partners initiative. This began with Unit Action Councils where input was gathered in each care unit and assessed for quality issues. As an experiment, half of the Unit Action Councils had patients as members; the other half did not. The ability to measure patient/family impacts was so much better in the Unit Action Councils (UAC) with patients that all the UACs as well as other committees such as the Patient Quality Committee and the short term Committees for Fall Prevention and Pressure Ulcer Prevention were changed to this model. The model continues to be refined.
Dianne stated that HPHA has just been approved for funding from the Change Foundation to implement a new project entitled “Connecting the Dots … Smoothing Transitions for Family Caregivers”. This is one of only four project approved by the Change Foundation for all of Ontario. The project will include mentoring other patient partners.
Anyone wanting to participate as a Patient Partner in HPHA’s work is asked to go to: www.hpha.ca Click on Volunteers and Foundations, then choose Patient Partner.
Scribe: Charlene Gordon
- Gary Lingard announced that the Silver Stick Tournament realized over $30,000 in fundraising revenues.
Gary Lindley announcing proceeds from Silverstick Tournament exceeding $37000.
- Jim Snider announced that a team is needed for a bonspiel at the Country Club on February 11 from 9 am until 3:30 pm. Contact Jim if interested.
- Walt Bathe thanked the sixty volunteers who helped assemble 700 Aquaboxes in only 2.5 hours last Saturday.
- Bill Cozyn has moved to McCarthy Place.
- Mike Bellai has requested a one year leave of absence so he can settle into his position as Chief of Police for the City of Stratford.
- Reg White is on a six month leave of absence due to family illness.
- The Rotary Club of Stratford welcomed new members, Fadia Mankal – branch manager for TD Canada Trust on Ontario Street, and John Wright, retired electrical contractor and VP of a Toronto-based electrical firm established by his family in 1929.
- The Rotary Club of Stratford remembered long-time member, Howard Murray, who passed away last Thursday. Howard attended 2300 meetings over nearly 48 years. His gentlemanly manner will be missed. Jim Snider was recognized with a hearty round of applause for his many years of driving Howard to and from Rotary meetings.
Guests: Today we welcome; Lisa Breault – Stratford, John Wright – Stratford (New Member), Fadia Mankal – Stratford (New Member), Heather Carr – Stratford
Draw: Rob Ritz won 2lb box of chocolates donated by Keith Culliton, and George Schroeder won ticket to Mayor’s Gala donated by Stratford Perth Community Foundation.
Roger Black introduced Fadia Mankal and Doug Thompson introduced John Wright. Fadia and John welcome to our Rotary Club.
Roger Black introducing a new member Ms Fadia Mankal Classification Banking.
Doug Thompson introducing a new member Mr John Wright Classification Electrical Contracting.
Make-ups: Angus MacDermid January 25 at the Rotary Club of Fort Walton Beach
Group who assisted with the Saturday Aquabox build
February’s Attendance Committee: Ron Mckay (I/C), Michael Fox, Shawn Malvern, Ryan Erb, Rob Roes, Rick Orr, Elizabeth Gaffney, Dan Kane, Wendy Anderson, Michael Bellai, Jerry McEwin.