Joining Our Club
Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

What is Charleswood Rotary?
One of 8 Rotary clubs in Winnipeg and one of more than 35,000 clubs throughout the world. The club was chartered in 1985 and has a membership that covers a wide range of vocations.  The club meets weekly for dinner on Monday night at 5:45 pm at Breezy Bend Golf Club.
The Charleswood Rotary Club is active in many programs and activities, locally & Internationally including:

• Community projects: Westgrove School, literacy, breakfast & raised garden program. Also Providing running shoes for students.
  • Bursaries: annually to graduating students in 3 local high schools in Charleswood area.
  • The Assiniboine Forest: in partnership with the city as Stewards of the Forest.  
  • Other community projects include: STARS, Urban Stable, Bear Clan, HIP Committee & Salvation Army.
  • International Projects: Polio Plus, Ripple Effect for schools in Guatemala, World Peace Scholars
  • Student exchange: short and long term high school exchanges.
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbours, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.

Obligations of a Rotarian
To attend weekly meetings:
  • Attend 60% of the club’s meetings
  • If you must miss a meeting, you are encouraged to make up at another club anywhere in the world, 14 days before or after the meeting you missed.
  • To participate in a committee; there are many areas of service in Rotary:
  • Membership
  • Fundraising
  • Projects
  • Administration
Each of these areas has a number of committees and the club needs each member to be an active participant.

To pay the required fees:
  • Annual dues of $240. Installments optional
  • The weekly dinner meeting cost, currently $22
To participate in:
  • Membership growth by inviting new members to join the club.
  • Club projects by applying leadership and labour to activities such as the annual lobster dinner and the Assiniboine Forest
  • Club fellowship by using the Rotary meetings to socialize, advance your vocation, meet new people and establish new business relationships.
As a member of the Rotary Club of Winnipeg Charleswood, we look forward to you being involved in all of these facets of Rotary. Those interested are encouraged to contact Ed Thompson, membership chair at rcccfinc@outlook.com. If you know a member of the club, he/ she can sponsor your membership. An application form can be presented by your sponsor or sent directly to Ed Thompson. 

The Rotary Four-Way Test
Of the things we think, say or do
Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?