Taste of Reno Tahoe (TORT)
For more info: www.TasteofRenoTahoe.org
The Taste of Reno Tahoe, presented by the Rotary Club of Reno Centennial Sunset, is designed for the most discriminating palates, featuring original gourmet creations by creative chefs from the region's finest restaurants, expertly paired with rare, premium wines of selected varietals from many of the most highly regarded boutique wineries in California and Nevada.
When: Sunday, June 1, 2014
Where: Atlantis Casino Resort & Spa
The Taste of Reno Tahoe is a unique, exquisite culinary experience where every guest feels pampered throughout the evening. The Taste of Reno Tahoe delivers intimate introductions to master wine makers and master chefs who reveal the sensual secrets about how flavors of certain gourmet foods come alive with just the right wines. Attendance is limited. Purchase TORT tickets here..
NEW THIS YEAR! Join us in honoring our first Citizen of the Year recipient, Dick Gammick.
This year, we have an exciting addition to our event: we are honoring Richard Gammick, Washoe County District Attorney, for his years of service to the Northern Nevada community. Just before the Taste of Reno Tahoe, join us for a special VIP event honoring Washoe County District Attorney Dick Gammick for his many years of community service. Ticket or table purchase includes dinner, VIP event admission and admission to the Taste or Reno Tahoe immediately following the VIP event.
You have to experience it for yourself to truly appreciate how exceptionally good the fare is, and you'll feel great that you did. Why?
The Taste of Reno Tahoe Gives Back to the Community
At Taste of Reno Tahoe, we're "pairing good wine & food with great works.TM" Since our first wine pairing event, the Rotary Club of Reno Centennial Sunset has donated nearly 3,000 hours of volunteer time and $85,000 to worthy causes. All proceeds fund local and international service projects for RCS Rotary Foundation, Inc. Every year, the generous donations you provide - big and small - go to key projects like these and more...
For youth, we're pairing...
- Local high school children with scholarships (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) leadership training $13,000)
- High school kids with knowledge about good choices (500 volunteer hours and $6,000 to the Choices program giving Damonte Ranch High School freshmen knowledge about the long term impact of choices they make today)
- Kids with Halloween Candy (annual donation to Auto Museum event)
- Needy kids with presents (yearly Toys for Tots donation)
- Scholarships for Nevada students with an opportunity to combine additional scholarships from Rotary International
- Big Brother Big Sisters with software ($2,000)
Locally, we're pairing....
- Families with homes (875 hours for Habitat for Humanity)
- Money with the magic of volunteers (over $10,000 each year is earmarked for "great works" projects)
- People with food (128 hours to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada)
- People with handbells (900 hours for Salvation Army and a $500 donation)
- Children with stories ($500 worth of books and reading volunteers to Smithridge Elementary School in Reno as well as holiday gifts)
- Students at Marvin Piccolo school with a lift (TRAM) to help with the mobility and strengthening of its students ($3,900 for the equipment)
- Vets with respectful gifts (paid mortgage for $800 for a Veterans House guest and made a direct donation of $500)
- The Reno Rodeo with helping hands (volunteer hours in support of the fight against polio efforts)
- Rotarians with a focus (700 volunteer hours donated to the world-wide Rotary annual event in April during which all local members focus on a single local project)
- Senior projects with helping hands that allow seniors to stay in and maintain their homes and yards (volunteer hours and materials)
Internationally, we're pairing...
- A dream to cure polio with reality (volunteer hours and $6,000 donations to "Light up Reno to End Polio" and "Polio Plus" awareness campaigns)
- Schools with furniture (furnish girls' school dormitory in Monterrey, Mexico with volunteers for hands on construction of furniture worth $6,000)
- People in a town in Belize with a source for drinking water and school maintenance and repairs
- A partnership between a Rotary club in India and our club to provide funds and support for limb replacements (25 limbs, $1,000)
- Orphans with the comforts of home and experiences away (refurbished bathrooms and hot water heaters at orphanage in Chile and hosted children on an outdoor experience for $15,000)
- The Kellerman Foundation in Uganda with donations ($2,000 donation for the Batwa pygmies who are one of the most impoverished groups on earth)
It is the vine that connects us together as a community, and produces fruit in the form of great works. We invite you to become part of the essence of the Taste of Reno Tahoe, an essential ingredient in our "VINE OF GIVING" efforts. You have the opportunity to be our guest for the evening, and sponsorship levels are available for any sized corporate consciousness budget. For more information, please see our Sponsorship Packages or call Leslie Henderson, Sponsorship Chair, at 775-815-9511 or email here at Leslie@LHendersonRE.com.