Posted by Cheryl O'Brien (Parker Cherry Creek Valley) cherylannobrien@hotmail.com
District 5450 Young Rotarian Conference is a BIG Hit!

Westminster Young Rotarians hosted our annual District Young Rotarian Conference on Saturday, November 2.  Some 120 Young Rotarians and their Advisors attended, with 39 schools represented!  It was a GREAT DAY to connect and develop leadership in these Young Rotarians! Click Here to see the program.

Congratulations to Westminster Rotary and the Academy of Charter Schools Young Rotary Club for an outstanding job in hosting this event.  DG Elect Bob Kemp, District Youth Services Chair Lee Mulberry, and District Young Rotarian Chair Cheryl O’Brien provided District Leadership for the 2019 Young Rotarian Conference.

District 5450 Young Rotary Leadership Team participated in a Q&A, 2019 Presidential Citations GOLD Distinction was given to Cimarron Middle School, Legend High School, Thomas Jefferson High School and The Academy of Charter Schools.  A special recognition was given to Gold Rush Elementary Young Rotary Club for their Spirit of Service in being the first Elementary Club in 2018-19 for Rotary International.

Over 30 Young Rotarians expressed interest in being on the District 5450 Young Rotarian Leadership Team and a new opportunity being a Champion for leadership in their local Clubs; communicators to the District Lead Team.

The Interact Mental Health Project, RI Peaceful Schools program and an international service opportunity to help children in Guatemala through fundraising of Yudabands was presented.  Young Rotarians were actively engaged in break-out sessions, took pictures, and left with t-shirts, bag tags, and sling bags sponsored by District 5450 and Westminster Rotary. 

Special THANK YOU to all that attended, and to all of our District 5450 Interact Club Advisors for their leadership.

************************************************************************************************

Planning is already beginning for next year’s District 5450 Young Rotarian Conference.  SAVE the DATE!

Saturday, October 24, 2020 at Legend High School in Parker, CO.  8:30-9:00 am. Registration  9:00 am.-1:30 pm event.

Breakout sessions for high school, middle school and elementary are being planned. 

WE HOPE to SEE YOU THERE!