In anticipation of The Rotary Foundation’s (TRF) 100-year anniversary in 2017, the TRF Trustees set out to develop a plan to move the foundation toward its second century of service. The plan, called the Future Vision Plan, focuses TRF-funded programs to specific areas where they will have the greatest impact by addressing priority world needs that are presently most relevant to Rotarians.
As a result, to be eligible for a Rotary District 5450 Ambassadorial Scholarship, an applicant must have a background, intended graduate studies and future career plans related to at least one of the following Future Vision focus areas:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
For more information on eligible fields of work and study under these focus areas, please see Areas of Focus - Elements of Successful Scholarships on the left.
Rotary District 5450 Ambassadorial Scholarship Subcommittee Chair
Phone (303) 909-7563
Eligible candidates must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Demonstrated record of high academic achievement.
- Has (1) previous work experience, volunteer experience and/or education; (2) intended graduate degree studies; AND (3) future career plans, that are related to one of the 6 Areas of Focus established by Rotary International.
- Plans to enroll in a graduate level program commencing between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 and expend the scholarship funds within 12 months of starting studies.
- Study institution must be located in a geographic area that has a Rotary presence. There are 34,000 Rotary clubs within 530 Rotary districts around the world. Despite this extensive reach, there are some parts of the world that do not have a formal Rotary presence due to security, safety or other issues. For further guidance, click:
- Is NOT (1) a Rotarian; (2) an employee of a club, district, or other Rotary entity, or of Rotary International; (3) the spouse, a lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood or stepchild legally adopted or not), the spouse of a lineal descendant, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any person who has been in the foregoing two categories within the past three years.
- Currently works in, attends school in, or is a resident of District 5450 (which spans certain municipalities and counties in central and eastern Colorado, USA). For further guidance, see: http://www.clubrunner.ca/portal/Maps/ClubsMap.aspx?accountid=50085
- Has, or will have, sufficient funds to cover any expenses throughout the scholarship time that exceed US$30,000.
- Will endeavor to participate in a humanitarian project sponsored by the host Rotary club in the study region.
- Will attend an orientation and work with a designated Scholar mentor to prepare for the program before traveling.
- Agrees to report experiences no less than bi-weekly on an Internet blog, throughout the scholarship period.
- Agrees to complete all required reports during and after the scholarship time.
- Agrees to make a presentation about the scholarship experience to at least 2 Rotary clubs within 1 year after the completion of the scholarship program.
- If the scholar returns to reside in District 5450 after the scholarship, agrees to support future programs by serving on the Rotary District 5450 Ambassadorial Scholarship Committee for at least one year.
General Process for Applicants
1. Explore Options. Interested applicants should research study and schools options.
2. Prequalification Application. Deadline for submission October 10, 2015.
3. Scholarship Application. Following acceptance of the Prequalification Application, complete applications with ALL accompanying documents are due October 31, 2015. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete Scholarship Application (see Downloads on the left)
- Personal Letter of Introduction
- Academic Transcript (s)
- Two Reference Letters Attesting to the Candidate’s Potential
4. Applicant Interviews. Applicants selected by the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Subcommittee will be notified and must attend the District Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship interview session on either December 5, 2015. This interview is obligatory. No one will be considered for the scholarship without an appearance before the committee.