Filmed and edited by Juneve Porciello
Esma Rusinovci (pictured) from Kosovo is just one of over 27,000 children that have received lifesaving heart surgery through the Gift of Life, a program that started in Manhasset Rotary in District 7255. And in Manhasset there is yet another opportunity to help more children from December 1st to December 4th.
Rotarians are invited Holiday Special Event at Americana Manhasset benefiting Gift of Life, Inc., Gift of Life, NY (Verrazano), Russian GOL and Gift of Life International.
Gift of Life Programs will benefit from those who shop at Americana Manhasset and Wheatley Plaza from Dec 1st to December 4th getting 25% of their purchases donated back to Gift of Life when you register for the Champions for Charity at AmericanaManhasset.com. Plus you can bring your friends and eat and drink at special receptions held at Brooks Brothers on November 30th from 5 pm to 8 pm and Hermes on December 1st from 6 pm to 9 pm. (Brooks Brothers has extended its participation in Champions for Charity from November 27th to December 4 and is offering discounts up to 40% on some items).
The link below will give you the basic information on Champions for Charity.
By now, everyone has heard about the devastation in Haiti. There are areas that have been cut off from access, others where all of the crops and livestock have been destroyed. At the District Conference, we all heard that there are countless communities where there is quite literally, not a goat left standing.
We have two projects currently available to our district, which need immediate funding:
In addition to an unparalleled lineup of speakers, entertainment, and events, this year’s convention offers once-in-a-lifetime activities, including:
- Special movie screening of “Gone With the Wind” at the historic Fox Theatre
- The inaugural Rotary International Film Festival
- Memorable Foundation centennial festivities
Atlanta is a gracious, warm-hearted city whose rich history and modern, thriving metropolitan area offers something for everyone. Plan now to:
- Visit family-friendly attractions like the World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium
- Enjoy Southern cooking during Restaurant Night
- Honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the King Center
celebrate in the city where it all began:
- Explore The Rotary Foundation Centennial exhibit
- Attend the “Doing Good in the World” book signing
- Enjoy a special centennial birthday party