Club Executives & Directors
Home Page Stories
- Thursday Dec 18 : This meeting will feature a presentation from the Sharon club on two of their current projects. The first is their support for Razia's Ray of Hope Foundation This foundation supports the Zabuli Education Center in Afghanistan. The founder, Razia Jan, has transformed the loss of her husband on 9/11 into a campaign to enable young Afghani women and girls to work for a better future. Their first graduating class will go forward in November of 2016, and the Education Center is mounting a sustainability campaign to ensure its future support for all the classes that will follow. Second, the Sharon Club's President, Joanne Craig, will bring us up to date on the progress for the water filter project in Mexico that Jim and Lew visited last spring. This project is going forward, with more filters and a focus on the schools in the surrounding villages.
- Note that there is no regular meeting on the first Thursday of January. Instead, save January 3 at 6 PM for our annual "We Survived the Holidays" party at Lew and Rem's. Details coming soon.
- Thursday January 15
- Thursday February 5
- Thursday February 19
Meetings are usually held on first and third Thursday of every month at noon at the Foxboro Country Club (33 Walnut St., Foxboro) unless otherwise noted; $15/per person. For contact and directions to the FCC: http://www.foxboroughcc.com/
All meetings require payment at the door. Alternatively, you can prepay by sending a check to: The Foxboro Rotary, PO Box 321, Foxboro, MA, 02035.
- Next Board meeting is Thursday December 4th immediately after the regular club meeting.
- Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month unless otherwise noted.
COMMUNITY COMMITTEE MEETING
- Next meeting is Friday January 30 at noon at the Foxboro Country Club. Note: This is instead of the Dec 26 meeting
- Meetings are usually held on the last Friday of each month at noon at the Foxboro Country Club (see above for directions) unless otherwise noted.
INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The next meeting is on Monday Dec 22 at 8:30 AM at Technical Support International, 10 Mechanic Street in Foxboro.
- Meetings are usually held on the third Monday of each month at 8:30 AM at Technical Support International, 10 Mechanic Street in Foxboro, unless otherwise noted.
Events for various clubs around District 7950 can be found here:
Birthdays: Mary Graham-Louise (Dec 17); Ingrid (Jan. 27)
Spouse Birthdays: John W. (Jan. 1)
Anniversaries: Jim G. and Joan (17 years, Dec. 27); Dick and Patricia (54 years, Jan. 15); Joe and Lourdes (2 years, Jan 2)
Club Anniversaries: Jim G. (7 years, Dec. 7); George (23 years, Dec. 1); Jim S. (3 years, Dec. 15); Kenny (44 years, Jan. 1); Steve (2 year, Jan. 1); Paul (4 years, Jan. 3); Bill B. (20 years, Jan. 10); Ray (31 years, Jan. 10); Bill C. (8 years, Jan. 12); Lori (8 years, Jan. 12)
We're hip; we're cool; and we're on Facebook!
Check us out and let us know you "Like" us!
E-clubs as a meeting modality was approved by Rotary International in 2010. The Sharon club has a satellite e-club pilot program. Sharon's club’s site is www.rotarynewengland.org. Check it out!
For those of you dying to have up-to-the-minute Clubrunner news, there's an app!
For Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doxess.clubrunnermobile&hl=en
For those of you without iPhones nor Android devices, you're out of luck. But maybe one of your friends with one of the Clubrunner app-friendly devices will let you borrow theirs so that you can get the latest and greatest news.
The South Shore Council represents multiple clubs in the region. Their meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 6:30 PM at Peppercornz in Weymouth, MA. All are welcome.