This Week:Meeting Responsibilities
Kettering Rotary Supports:
Home Page Stories
What a GREAT turnout today with our STRIVE students and a great treat to have our speaker tell us all about the Boonshoft Museum of Discover. So much space - we all MATTER!
It's always nice to have a visiting Rotarian at our club. Today we were delighted to host this gentleman from India. He gave a little background of his club and their projects. Thanks to all the KRC members who welcomed him so warmly.
Gloves on and Rotarians are up for the challenge. Rotarian Rob Scott invited TITLE Boxing of Kettering to demonstrate their unique brand of fitness. With 5 brave Rotarians willing to give it a try - the meeting was 'interesting' See below for more 'action' shots. Then head over to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KetteringRotaryClub and leave a comment!
Kudos for a great year to our 50th President - Tom Gaberileson! Here is a recap of the songs.
We hope to share a few photos from the big 'Roast/toast' with you soon too!
Check presentation to Lynn Dalton of the Franklin Foundation from the Mayor's Ball Committee.
Congratulations to the Mayor's Ball Committee for another successful event. The eighth annual ball generated $28,334.24 in funds! The Franklin Foundation recieved 90% of the funds raised and the monies will be used for low income seniors living in the city of Kettering. The remaining 10% will be used by the Kettering Rotary Foundation for many worthy projects like our S.T.R.I.V.E scholarships and other projects that help students and our community. We are proud of our results and hope you will join us in celebration at our May 14th Meeting when we present the check to Lynn Dalton of the Franklin Foundation. For more photos click 'more' below.
Today President Don gave recognition to several outstanding Rotarian's and inducted TWO new members!
Beth Ling receives the highest club honor: Service Above Self Award.
Impressive Perfect Attendance: Bob Lamb (39 years), Don Whipp (47 years) & Bob Hadley (36 years!)
Today the RFYL committee presented checks for $1, 500.00 each to the Kettering Back Pack Program and to Crayon's to Classrooms. Another $800.00 went to our club for other projects and goodness in our community! Thanks to everyone on the committee for their hard work and a great event!
Many thanks to Amy Schrimpf for putting together our Student Awards this month. Many outstanding students from Kettering Fairmont, Alter and the STEM school received awards and recognition for their many accomplishments. Here are a few photos! See below for more!
Thank you to Tom Minnich for arranging a VERY special visit from the Columbus Zoo. Snow leopard, fox, penguin, kangaroo & otters. The two gentlemen presenting are two of Jack Hannah's right hand men who travel with and handle the animals on the road. Thank you to Saul and Matthew for an excellent presentation. (Photos by Beth Ling)
Our meeting today was jam packed with good stuff! The Run for You Life committee presented the checks to Crayons to Classrooms and to Kettering Back Pack Program. Brenda received her Paul Harris Fellow recognition and the PR Director from the Dayton Dragons changed the way we think about Minor League Baseball. Plus Mel gave an overview on how this site works for members - hope you visit it often!
We gave almost $900.00 to our Holiday family in need, thanks to Bruce Jump who won the luck of the draw and gave that in addition to all the monies our members so generously donated. We know the money will be most appreciated by the family.
We also gave Claudia her Christmas gift for her great service all year.
Just a reminder that our next meeting is JANUARY 9th - so enjoy your Christmas and New Year!