Home Page Download Files
- Canada’s support for these initiatives reflects Canada’s commitment to three of its top international development priorities: securing the future of children and youth, stimulating sustainable economic growth and improving maternal, newborn and child health—Canada’s top international development priority.
- Polio is one of the world’s most enduring infectious diseases and mainly affects children under the age of five. Addressing polio through immunization is one of the most cost-effective health interventions to end preventable child mortality.
- Since 1988, the global incidence of polio has decreased by over 99 percent, largely through the efforts of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI), to which Canada was a founding donor.
- Since 1988, at least 2.5 billion children around the world have been immunized. Today, more than 10 million people who would otherwise have been paralyzed by the polio virus are walking thanks to global polio eradication efforts.
- In October 2014, Prime Minister Stephen Harper was honoured to receive the Rotary Foundation Polio Eradication Champion Award for his longstanding support for, and continued leadership in, efforts to eliminate polio around the world.
- Canada is a global leader in immunization to improve the health and survival of women and children.
Check it out at: www.youtube.com/user/LondonRotary
Many “Thanks” to Jim Swan for uploading these videos.
Hometown hero and Olympic Decathlete Damian Warner will be at the even as Sports Person of the Year.
Former Toronto Maple Leaf captains Doug Gilmour, Darryl Sittler and Rick Vaive will also be in attendance along with London Knights’ co captains Mitch Marner and Christian Dvorak; Lightings’ Kyle Julius and Garrett Williamson; Kate Gosling, Western hockey & Team Canada. Our host for the evening will be Londoner Christine Simpson of Rogers Sportsnet.
The new venue is set up for those having dinner (Adult $150, Student $75) but it also allows for bleacher seats at $20 a ticket. Contact Bob Earley for tickets. .
The Sports Celebrity Dinner and Auction supports the work of Thames Valley Children's Centre and is proudly sponsored by the Rotary Club of London and the London Sports Media.
Link to form: Click here—>http://goo.gl/forms/yPyghSp3tI
Alternatively, you can email Linna Nguyen (email@example.com) with: 1. Contact information (telephone number);
Danli, Honduras Primary School Kids Scholarships
Phone: (____) ____ - _______
Credit Card - Visa ____ Mastercard _____
Expiry Date: _____ / _____
I will sponsor _____ kids at US$100 each = US$ ______
I will donate $______ to the program
P.O. Box 29056
To celebrate 100 years of service to the London community, Rotary clubs in London are donating $100,000 to install a 14-foot illuminated clock in the tower at Covent Garden Market.
Highly visible to patrons of Budweiser Gardens and the Market, the clock will enhance the area known as Rotary Square that is home to the Rotary Skating Rink and numerous community events.
Construction will begin in late fall with the official grand opening in March 2015. The same clock builder installed the clock in the Peace Tower on Parliament Hill in Ottawa – The Verdin Company.
The clock will be a spectacular enhancement to the existing Market structure and beautify the area while raising the profile of Rotary Square.