1st off all!! DON’T FORGET OUR CLUB HOLIDAY PARTY AT SAKE2U THIS EVENING!
We have had an eventful few weeks. Here is some of what we have been up to:
Last week Eugene Buchanan (AM club member) gave one of the most entertaining programs we have ever had on his whitewater adventures in far away places with great stories and lots of humor. Sorry if you missed it!
Sunday we hosted the best Community Holiday Party ever at the Howelsen Hill with hundreds of local people of all ages. The weather was great and the local hockey players and interactors showed up to help with the event. Kudos to the committee who have really shaped this event into something special and all the volunteers who helped make it happen.
The Interact club trip to Aqua Prieta is coming together with the largest group ever to go down there. Right now it looks like 20 people with 10 students and 10 adults. This trip has built a great reputation for worthwhile service and fun too. Kris H has really got this program dialed. If you have not had a chance to do this, you should add it to your to-do list in an upcoming year. This relationship with the club in AP is important to our international service efforts. We are currently working on a $40,000 global grant with them.
We have added a feature to the club website. On the front page, at the right hand edge of the line of menu links at the top of the page (below the header image) there is drop down menu called “Board Information” where you will find board minutes (current year, after board approval) and other information in the future after they have been approved by the board. You will be prompted to login before you can see them if you are not logged in already.
At yesterday’s board meeting we accepted the written report from the Foundation Task Force. The full report will be posted on the “Board Information” menu soon. The short version is:
- The YVCF relationship is important to our club.
- The YVCF does an excellent job administering the our endowment.
- The fees charged in conjunction with our endowment are a good bargain and, in fact, are less than we could expect to pay for alternative arrangements to create and administer an endowment and manage investments.
- The Financial returns achieved by the YVCF on behalf of our endowment are in line with market expectations for entities like ours and will support our annual giving plan of 4% of the fund balance while still allowing for growth.
Recommendations from the task force (again, short version) are:
- Continue to work with the YVCF for our club endowment.
- Create a club liaison committee to communicate with the YVCF on a more regular basis.
- Create a more regular flow of information to the club about our endowment, its goals and performance and how we use it.
Also at yesterday’s board meeting we accepted with regret the resignation of Brad Price. We hope that his schedule and commitments will allow him to rejoin at a future date.
See you tonight!
Consider joining our club. We'd love to have you as a member! You can start the process by joining us for lunch at our regular Tuesday meeting, as our guest.