Officers and Directors
Home Page Stories
Posted by Larry Archibeque
Present: Guest Shane Hale, Denis Boon, Denis Boon as I missed his name last week, Chris Trusler, Allan Burnside, LouAnn Jacobson, Dave Sanford, Ed Merritt Jr., Deanna Truelsen, Dana Hill, Mark Tucker, Steve Maxwell, Shawna Valdez, Rakhat Ashymov, Vic Vieira, and Larry Archibeque.
Pledge: Chris Trusler
Prayer: Larry Archibeque
1) Question of the day was what state or country would you like to visit?
2) No morning meeting will be held next week as there will be bingo at the Dolores Community Center with the beneficiary being Disabled American Veterans.
3) LED Bulbs have arrived. Larry and Shawna will see if the bulbs fit tomorrow. High illuminating bulbs were ordered.
4)will be a business meeting and will be our next commodities distribution. is also the date for the Dolores Chamber Banquet.
5) Shane Hale Cortez City Manager gave a presentation on a number of topics relevant to Cortez. Items included: Imagination Library, Marijuana policy and guidelines, city work projects, upcoming projects, etc. Imagination Library statistics include: Enrollment of children approximately 523, graduated from program 235 children, books mailed 6,805, mailed last year 12,250 books, approximately $1,100.00 per month to run the operation, cost per child per year approximately $25.00 or approximately $2.08 per month.
6) Meeting was adjourned by Chris Trusler.
Members or guest present: Tom Seymour, Deanna Truelsen, Allan Burnside, Rakhat Ashymov, Ed Merritt Jr., Dave Sanford, Charley Miller, Dolly Scales, Mary Kramer, Chris Trusler, Andrew Plunkett, Joshua Bratton, Val Truelsen, Brandon Thurston, Rocky Moss, and Larry Archibeque.
Pledge: Chris Trusler
Prayer: Dave Sanford
1) Question of the day was who or what was your favorite pet?
2) A short discussion occurred as to the recent ribbon cutting ceremony for new buildings completed by the Dolores School District.
3) Dolly Scales winner of the recently raffled hand gun sold the gun and donated two hundred dollars to Rotary.
4) Dolores Chamber will have their annual spring banquet on@ Dolores Community Center.
5) An update was given on the Town of Dolores transferring ownership or a possible lease of the Galloping Goose to the Galloping Goose Historical Society.
6) Our next bingo recipient will be the Disabled American Veterans Society.
7) RYLA representatives Andrew Plunkett and Joshua Bratton gave a presentation on their travel to the RYLA Conference.
8) Chris Trusler will attend PETS in March.
9) Mary Kramer recently purchased the Sophia Peace Center, gave an update on renovations and potential offerings.
10) An update was given by Val Truelsen on recent development with the town.
11) Meeting adjourned by Chris Trusler.