Officers and Directors
Home Page Stories
Posted by Archibeque, Larry
Members Present: Dana Hill, Ross Wright, Ed Merritt Jr., Dave Sanford, Ann Sanford, Jim Reser, Deanna Truelsen, Chris Trusler, Ruby Gonzalez, Will Furse, Tom Seymour, Laurel Rematore, Allan Burnside, Linda Burnside, Rakhat Ashymov, Denis Boon, Adam Barnhurst, Sharon Hansen, and Larry Archibeque.
Pledge: Laurel Rematore
Prayer: Dave Sanford
1) Question of the evening was, "What are you most proud of Rotary this past year or looking forward to next year."
2) Update of Cortez Rotary by Jim Reser, club grown from four members to about twelve or thirteen members.
3) Cortez Rotary Induction of officers, Sharon Hansen, Secretary, and Adam Barnhurst, President.
4) Induction of new officers for Dolores Rotary: Chris Trusler, President, Denis Boon, President Elect, Ed Merritt Jr., Treasurer, and Larry Archibeque, Secretary.
5) Meeting Adjourned by Chris Trusler.
Posted by Laurel Rematore
on Jun 11, 2015
The Dolores Rotary Club is holding the 17th annual Escalante Days Mountain Bike Race on Saturday, August 8, 2015. The race will start at 9:50 am at Fifth and Central in Dolores, CO. There will be cash prizes for winners in the Expert and Single Speed race categories and prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in Beginner and Sport race classes. Those beating the Expert course record will be awarded a cash prize, as will the first rider to cross the cattle guard at the top of the hill. Proceeds from the race go to benefit Dolores Rotary’s youth, community and international service projects. Volunteers are needed. Contact Chris Trusler at email@example.com or 970-570-9425 if you can help.
Register online at www.active.com by 11:59 p.m. on August 6th or on race day from 8:00 am to 9:00 am in front of the Dolores Medical Office. Pre-registration entry fees are $40 and day of race entry fees are $50. Course maps, an off-line version of the racer registration form, and additional information are available in the "Download" area to the right of this article at www.clubrunner.ca/dolores .
The Dolores Rotary Club will also offer a free children’s Bicycle Rodeo the evening before the race, on Friday, August 7, behind the Dolores Medical Center starting at 6:00 p.m. (after the parade finishes). The rodeo teaches bicycle safety skills in a fun and safe manner. Participants will receive free safety helmets and will be entered in a drawing to win a new bicycle!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE CALL CHRIS TRUSLER AT 970-570-9425.