Officers and Directors
Home Page Stories
Posted by Larry Archibeque
Members Present and Guests: Gene Peck, Art Neskahi, Allan Burnside, Brandon Thurston, Chris Trusler, Tom Seymour, Rick Carpenter, Laurel Rematore, Scott Cooper, Dave Sanford, Mark Tucker, Paul Bilger, Charley Miller, Dan Jones, Dana Hill, Deanna Truelsen, and Larry Archibeque.
Pledge: Laurel Rematore
Prayer: Rick Carpenter
1) Question of the day was of family history and origin?
2) Dave Sanford reported that the Kinder Morgan Foundation grant had been received and that the dictionaries are paid for this year.
3) Dave Sanford reported that RYLA Students from Dove Creek and Mancos have been selected and that the Dolores nominees will be selected soon. Sue Garlick has volunteered to take the RYLA Students on their trip this year.
4) Scott Cooper spoke about a Critical Budget Meeting that will take place this evening, concerning the continuation of the mill levy override. In addition input is being requested as to where this money will be spent within the budget. The ballot initiative will be on the November ballot.
5) Bingo next week to benefit the Dolores High School Trip to Ireland. No morning meeting will be held.
6) Next commodity distribution will be.
7) Chris Trusler made an update report on the bike race. A motion was made and passed that this year's bike t-shirts will be white in color and will cost nine and twelve dollars pending size.
8) A presentation was made by Gene Peck and Art Neskahi on the Southwest Indian/Tribal Council. Purpose was to enhance language, culture, education, and role models.
9) Motion made and passed to have a summer raffle of a hard shell raft value of approximately one thousand dollars and tickets of the raffle are to be ten dollars each. The number of tickets to print, drawing date, and other logistical details will be discussed at a future meeting.
10) Meeting adjourned by Laurel Rematore.