RCD Board Meeting
Buzz Law OfficeJun 16, 2015
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM
Jun 20, 2015 – Jun 23, 2015
Monroe Park Clean-up
Jun 27, 2015
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Awards & Installation Banquet
Dunwoody Country ClubJun 28, 2015
Fourth of July Parade -
Jul 04, 2015 9:00 AM
District Governor Dinner
Cathie and Ritchie Brumfield's homeJul 16, 2015
Board meeting with District Governor
WestinJul 17, 2015
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
RCD Board Meeting
Buzz Law OfficeJul 21, 2015
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM
Home Page Stories
- "Yoouw rock!"
- "We are delighted about are books!"
- "I'm reading books that you gave to are clase every day."
- "I want to give other kids books like you did for us."
- "If we did not have books and math games school would not be fun."
- "Thac you for helpg me read. I would uf never dun it wif out you."
- and my personal favorite:
- "I relley apresheyat you donating money for our class. I relley want to thank you for doing that. I am gretfol becaous you did that even thou you did not have to do it."
The Rotary Club of Dunwoody is the founder and host of one of the Central Perimeter area’s signature community events – RunDunwoody – a 5K, Fun Run, and Family Festival that has become a fall tradition in Dunwoody. This event celebrates the amazing community spirit that is a defining characteristic of our community and is an example of the enduring generosity of the citizens and businesses based here. Fully 100% of funds raised in this event, more than $165,000 in its first 5 years, are poured into core projects and programs in education, public health and public safety, locally and
globally. The 6th Annual RunDunwoody will take place October 18, 2015. Mark your calendar and invite your friends to join us in service to the community and for an exciting day of fun!
For Dunwoody Rotarians, RunDunwoody is about sharing our pride in Rotary service with others by building and growing relationships with community partners - runners, sponsors, beneficiaries.
Many thanks to the Dunwoody Rotarians who have given the Rotary Club of Dunwoody a running start to making 2015 a banner year for the communities we serve. Contact Angie Duprey to help with runner promotion or Charlie Lockwood with sponsor relations.
NEWS FROM THE SPONSORSHIP COMMITTEE – Charlie Lockwood
- Sponsor Campaign results for the week of May 11:
- Total value of Sponsor commitments - $22,250
- Georgia Perimeter College renews as a Ruby Sponsor ($1,000). Thank you, Tina Philpot!
- Combined Services, Inc. increases commitment to Diamond Level ($5,000).Combined Services has supported RunDunwoody since the start in 2010. Mark and Suzanne Sykes, the owners of this Rotary owned business, are members of the Rotary Club of Stone Mountain. Mark and Suzanne have been enthusiastic supporters of many RCD initiatives. We are thrilled and very appreciative of the increased level of support.
- Dunwoody Crier returns as the Official Media Sponsor for RunDunwoody 2015.
- Dated Events (Anne Glenn) and ARC in Atlanta (Rodney Godwin) return as In-kind sponsors sharing their professional expertise and providing marketing and promotional services.
- NEW relationship – Atlanta Psychological Services, LLC is new Ruby Sponsor ($1,000). This new relationship was originally referred to us by Officer Tim Fecht, Dunwoody Police Department. Thanks to Kathy Brandt and Rodney Godwin for cultivating the relationship with this new partner.
- Proposals outstanding: 30
NEWS FROM RUNNER PROMOTION TEAM – Angie Duprey
- Total registrations: 49
- Goal: 1,000
Now is the time for Dunwoody Rotarians to register and to invite a friend. To register go to: www.rundunwoody.net. With your help RCD will register 200 runners by July 1!
TEAM Challenge multiplies the fun and will ensure RunDunwoody success. Ask Angie today about how to set up your RunDunwoody team. TEAM Challenge offers fun for all in six categories: Businesses, Schools, Civic Groups, First Responders, Running Groups/Fitness Centers, Neighborhoods/Families/Individuals
Perhaps the best known four points in Rotary are those of The Four Way Test:
Of the things we think, say or do
1.Is it the TRUTH?
2.Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?