Join us at a Meeting
2nd/4th Thursdays 12noon
Woman's Club of Lincoln
5th and E Street
1st/3rd Thursdays 6pm
645 5th St, Lincoln
subject to change
See speaker list)
Rotary Serves Our
Service Above Self
Father Bill Rontani
Best Service Club
Join Us on Facebook
Rotary Club of Lincoln
PO Box 663
Lincoln CA 95648
Speakers & Meetings
LHS Scholarship Awards
Education is a primary focus of Rotary worldwide.
May 12th, we presented scholarships to graduates of Lincoln High School.
- 2 $1000 Vocational scholarships
- 1 $1000 Community Service scholarship
- 1 $1000 scholarship to Outstanding Boy
- 1 $1000 scholarship to Outstanding Girl
- 2 $500 Community Service scholarships
- - 2 $1000 scholarship for students pursuing engineering (from our Alan Bradford Scholarship Fund) - these are renewable for continuing engineering students for up to 4 years
- the ~900 ticket holders from near and afar!
- the 81 volunteers from Rotary, DLA, Beale AFB, and others
- all 21 Placer county wineries
- the downtown businesses and others who hosted tasting venues
- the food suppliers
- the Slack Cats for providing awesome music
- the Chamber for use of their office for the Bottle Shop
- Our Joann Hilton and her team who organized the event
- all others who helped make the event a success
The wine + food + music + fun was the best ever. Please support our downtown businesses who especially made this event a success. We are looking forward to conducting the event again next year.
Click on the following for:
The Rotary Foundation (Click here) helps fund our humanitarian activities, from local service projects to global initiatives. Clubs or districts can apply for grants from the Foundation to invest in projects and provide scholarships. The Foundation also leads the charge on worldwide Rotary campaigns such as eradicating polio and promoting peace. Rotarians and friends of Rotary support the Foundation’s work through voluntary contributions.
To date for this Rotary year (thru January), our club has donated about $6,200 with a goal of about $6,800. Thanks to all members than contribute.
The collage of pictures above shows some of our Foundation-related items:
- Pete Walker (upper left) is our Foundation Chairman.
- In 2014 (lower right), Kathy Clemens a District 5180 Foundation leader, came to our club and "inducted" our Paul Harris Society members. These are members committed to donating $1,000 per year to the Foundation, and included Art Deardorff, Elizabeth Jansen, Ed Page, Clark Osterhout, Pete Walker and Jim Zentner. (Also shown is RI director Steve Snyder.). This year, Sharron Snyder joined this "club."
- Earlier in the year, several other members were given Paul Harris Awards, given whenever a members giving has reached $1,000 or multiples thereof.
- Art Deardorff being awarded by Clark Osterhout (upper center)
- Kris Wyatt, Frank Neves and Joann Hilton (upper right) after being awarded by Pete and District Governor Glenn Fong
- Joe Stewart and Sharron Snyder after being awarded by Pete, assisted by President Harvey Ulijohns
Many apologies to those members not mentioned.
Community Service Committee
Harriet's HomeJul 27, 2016
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Board Meeting with District Governor
TBDAug 25, 2016
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Lincoln Community Blood Drive
Veteran's HallAug 26, 2016
1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Claire's HomeSep 21, 2016
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Claire's HomeOct 19, 2016
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
What is Rotary? A Short Video Explains
Come Visit Us and Find Out More
Rotarian Women of District 5180
Rotarian Magazine - Published Monthly