Executives, Directors, and Chairs
Forms & Flyers
Home Page Stories
PayPal is one of the most safe and secure ways to pay online. If you have not used PayPal before, it is easy to set up and link to a checking account, debit or credit card for quick and painless payment. Pay your monthly dues, club event fees, contribute to a Paul Harris Fellow and make donations. When you make your payment, be sure to include the purpose of your payment, invoice or statement number.
To Pay Now Click Here
You can now search for a Rotary club with RI's free mobile app. Available in the Apple App Store and the Android Market, you can download the FREE app called the Rotary Club Locator and it is from Rotary International. The Blackberry version will be offered at some point in the future.
What will it do?
- The "Near Me" search locates clubs within a physical radius of 100 miles. (Note: Actual driving distances may be further.)
- A keyword search for clubs. This search looks for the keyword in either the club name or meeting location address. This is useful for finding clubs that are outside of the 100-mile radius from your current location.
- A map showing a club's location and driving directions
- The ability to save search results to a list of favorite clubs
- The ability to add a club to your phone's contact list
- The club's website and primary phone number, if available
- A search function to find clubs by district
Did you miss the recent District 5240 Grants Seminar? Well, if you did, and you still want to learn something, look no further than what came through your mailbox. On Page 61 of The Rotarian, you will find a handy reference and simplified explanation of Rotary's new Foundation Grants. On July 2013, Rotary will launch their new grants model called Future Vision worldwide. Take a moment to read up on the elements of this model and get familiar with it.
Your genes may be responsible - at least in part - for how nice you are, according to the "The Neurogenics of Niceness," a study in the April issue of Psychological Science. Researchers found that people who viewed the world as a threatening place were less likely than those with positive perceptions to help others - unless they had the "nice" versions of oxytocin and vasopressin receptors. Genes determine which version a person has.
So, hmmm. Nibble on that one and ponder what hand you were dealt...Actually, I think our club members were born with the right jeans on...er, genes in 'em.
Of the things we think, say, or do...
1) Is it the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Rotary Club of Westlake Village Sunrise
P.O. Box 3846
Thousand Oaks, CA 91359