Rotary Club of Langley, Box 315 - 20465 Douglas Cres., Langley, BC V3A 4B6
- Nicole Chevrier, Brookswood,
- Claire Wu, Walnut Grove,
- Holly French, Langley Fine Arts,
- Holly Mahlerwein, Langley Education Centre,
- Teddi Heard, Langley Fine Arts,
- Michael Warnock, Langley Fundamental.
- $20,000 to Wounded Warriors Canada for their program for wounded servicemen & women
- $10,000 to Rotary World Help to ship two used Firetrucks to Panglao Island, Philippines
Rotarians David Truman & Allan Richmond with Firetrucks
- $5,000 to the Salvation Army Gateway of Hope towards their new family meeting room
- $5,000 to Focus Foundation of BC for their youth programs
- $1,500 to Langley Community Services for specialized child play equipment
- $10,000 to the Belmont Public School PAC towards their playground reconstruction
It's less than a month to go before the club's Fall Gala and Auction. A terrific number of quality and unique items will be up for auction including:
- A week vacation in Las Vegas during March Break 2015
- Over $5000 in jewelry
- Two hand made park benches
- Flights for two people with the Fraser Blues
- Trevor Linden autographed photos and jerseys
- A custom made cashmere suit
Full event details and tickets are available at: http://langleyrotaryauction.org
The club has awarded 6 x $1000 scholarships to graduating Langley secondary school students. The winners are:
Eric Cho, Yi Wei Zhao and Boyuan Zheng from R.E. Mountain Secondary (pictured below), and Nicole Godlar (Langley Fundamental), Tori Nikkel (D.W. Poppy), and Brenna Waugh (Langley Fundamental).
The Music Access Society is doing well, in part due to a grant from our club. Pictured below is one of the students with her "new" violin.
- A $3500 grant to the Langley Music Access Society
- A $6000 grant to APEX Secondary School for school meals
- A $4000 grant to Brookswood Seniors Centre for washroom upgrades
At the Langley interclub meeting Jan. 16, president Garth Hansen presented KPU President Allan Davis with a cheque for $25,000, which will fund a $1250 scholarship in perpetuity at KPU in the name of Marion Laurie, benefactor to our club.