Tommy LiuJuly 1
Pat VorreiterJuly 5
George KaprelianJuly 13
Flo StaffordJuly 22
Kitty RileyJuly 29
Liz Lopez-AguadoHerb Lopez-AguadoJuly 14
Kurt ShulerFausta ShulerJuly 23
New Rotary Year TRF Kickoff
Well here we go again. July 1 started a new Rotary Year and new annual giving program challenge. Our goal this year is to be a 100% sustainer club (every member gives at least $100 to the Rotary Foundation) We want to be a 100% EVEY (Every Rotarian Every Year) club as well. So even if you can't be a sustainer, at least support TRF with a contribution of some amount. Let’s make this happen for President Liz Lopez-Aguado and our new DG, Gilroy Rotary Club member, Jeff Orth. The new DG will visit our club on September 13, at which time he will recognize all members contributing at the Double Sustainer, Super Sustainer and Paul Harris Society Level. To receive recognition during his visit, you can either make a contribution at the applicable level as noted below, or sign and return a pledge card to the Foundation Chair (Joe Ribera), prior to the DG's visit.
There are three ways by which you may contribute:
1. Make a check payable to "The Rotary Foundation" or "TRF"; give the check to your Rotary Foundation Chairperson;
2. Go online to the Rotary International website www.rotary.org, click on "member access", log in (email address and password. If you have not yet established your access, you will need your member number, which I can provide); once logged in, select "Contribute to Rotary International." Make your contribution by credit card and obtain a receipt. Give a copy to your Rotary Foundation Chairperson if you want to receive DG recognition.
3. Send your Rotary Chairperson an email authorizing the Club Treasurer to bill you for your contribution.
Sustainers, Double Sustainers, and Paul Harris Society Members
1. A sustaining member makes an annual contribution of $100. This is the worldwide Rotary standard and includes third world country members. All contributions to RI are credited towards obtaining Paul Harris recognition.
2. Our district encourages members to participate at the Double Sustainer level, which is an annual contribution of $200.
3. The district also has a special recognition of "Super Sustainer" for contributions of $500.
4. In 2014 Rotary International took the Paul Harris Society Program in house and modified the requirements for PHS membership. Membership in the Paul Harris Society is obtained by signing a pledge and making an contribution of $1000 every year. If you elect not to sign a pledge, but make a gifts of $1,000 to TRF in any year, you will receive a special recognition certificate from the District.
Double Sustainers, Super Sustainers and Paul Harris Society contributions will be recognized during the District Governor visit to our club on September 13.
Every Rotarian, Every Year is our goal.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your Rotary Contributions, the sustainer categories, or the Rotary Foundation please contact me.
PLEASE NOTE: THE SUNNYVALE ROTARY FOUNDATION IS THE TAX EXEMPT NON-PROFIT CORPORATION THROUGH WHICH CLUB-SPONSORED SERVICE PROJECTS ARE FUNDED. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS THE ROTARY FOUNDATION, WHICH SUPPORTS ROTARY'S WORLDWIDE AND LOCAL GRANT PROGRAMS. DONATIONS TO THE SUNNYVALE ROTARY FOUNDATION DO NOT EARN PAUL HARRIS FELLOWSHIP RECOGNITION POINTS.
Foundation Chairperson Contact Information
Meeting Luncheon Menu
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
12:15 pm – 1:30 pm $25.00
Flank steak, vegetable oil, fresh ginger, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown
sugar, cornstarch, scallions.
Curried Chickpeas with Spinach
Olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, spinach, tomato sauce, chickpeas. VEGETARIAN
Side of Rice
A three leaf lettuce salad with orange and grapefruit segments, sliced red onions, and pistachios served with a orange balsamic dressing.
Includes the following:
Iced Tea, Citrus Water
Coffee Service, Hot Water & Tazo Teas