September 19, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Major Draw Winners Announced
Bracebridge, ON— In keeping with tradition, the Rotary Club of Bracebridge held its Annual Car Draw on September 18, 2016 at the Bracebridge Fall Fair. This year the grand prize selections include a KIA Sportage or a Ford Mustang along with 4 secondary cash prizes.
The winners are as follows:
Grand Prize of $30,000 or Ford Mustang or KIA Sportage - Suzanne LeBrun; ticket sold by Andrew Smellie;
$2,000 - Ruth Smith of Bracebridge ticket sold by Paul Hammond;
$1,500 - Dan Willette of Bracebridge ticket sold by Don Smith;
$500 - Phillips Adams of Bracebridge, ticket sold by Bob Jacob
$250 - Steph Chadda of Toronto (and Bracebridge), ticket sold by Peter Rickard.
According to Gord Nielsen, President-Elect and Chair of the Major Draw Fundraiser said, “We all the final numbers are not yet available, we know that we sold in excess of 6000 tickets and have raised approximately $60,000. We can see through the number of local winners that the residents of Bracebridge continue to support Rotary’s efforts in the community. We’d like to thanks everyone who purchased tickets and to all those who helped us with various activities leading up to the draw”. Nielsen indicated that both the Grand Prize and 2nd Prize Winners will be in attendance at a future Club meeting for presentation of winnings.
This is the largest fundraiser for the Club and the proceeds represent approximately 50 % of the Club’s annual revenues. It helps the Club support numerous local activities including:
- Operation of the Rotary Centre for Youth;
- Rotary Centennial Gardens;
- South Muskoka Memorial Hospital;
- Student Bursaries;
- Support for Girl Guides and Boy Scouts Clubs in Bracebridge;
- YWCA Muskoka Programs;
- Annual Rotary Musical;
- Canada Day Fireworks;
- Skating rink at Annie Williams Park;
- Bracebridge's Winter Village in Memorial Park;
- Bracebridge Lawn Bowling Greens;
- Humanitarian support for residents of Bracebridge;
- numerous acitvities undertaken by organizations in which the club supports either on an annual or ongoing basis.
For more information on these activities please visit the Club’s website at