Posted by Linda Brouillette
Canada Day 2016 was a Blast (Despite the Weather)!
We have our 8th annual Canada Day Celebration and Fireworks under our belts!
Your Canada Day Co-Ordination Committee Co-Chairs Steve Meadley and Linda Brouillette would like to express our sincere thanks to the other members of the Organizing Committee who have been meeting since October on a regular basis to ensure all the details were attended to. The committee members were Tim Harvey, Rich Borland, Gord Nielsen, Brenda Rhodes, and Al Helmer. This committee worked diligently and cohesively with a focus on making this year’s festivities bigger and better.
(Thanks to Dave for the pics)
Posted on Jul 04, 2016
On June 16, 2016, the Club held it's annual Change of Officers night with approximately 70 people in attendance.
That night qualifying members received recognition for achievements in the Gold Ribbon Program. To qualify members needed to do 3 of the 5 following:
- Introduce a new member to the club.
- Contribute $100.00 or more to the Rotary Foundation Annual Programs Fund or make a bequest or other contribution to the Rotary Foundation Permanent Fund.
- Host or entertain a Rotary exchange student.
- Travel to another country on a Rotary project (e.g. World Community Service, GSE).
- Attend any one or more District Conference, District Assembly, Zone Assembly or International Convention.
- Serve on a District, Zone or International Committee.
Those who qualified were announced that night as follows:
In addition, the 3rd annual service award recipients were announced for members that had an anniversary with increment of "5 years" as of June 30th. The recipients are as follows:
30 Years – Don Smith
35 Years – Larry Miller
Also on this night, we officially transitioned to the 2016-17 Board of Directors with Tim Harvey as our President. Congratulations Tim!