"Best Overall Rotary Club - District 5240"
Celebrating 55 years of "Service Above Self," the Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks continues its rich tradition of giving and caring for our local community and the world.
• Plant trees
• Clean and paint public parks and recreation facilities
• Fund immunizations for hundreds of children and adults in our free clinics
• Built a schoolhouse at the Stage Coach Inn Museum
• Provide forums for leadership and ethics in business
• Give annual scholarships; donate books & read in Title One schools
• Lead the district in contribution to polio eradication--and participate in international polio immunization trips
• Fund children's orphanages and an oncology hospital in Tijuana
• Offer a Storybook Project for children of inmates
And much more
The Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks has held a prominent place in the life of the City and the Conejo Valley since 1958. Members are actively involved locally and internationally. and enjoy looking after our traditions by opening our doors to the future. Our weekly meetings and other activities are filled with a fellowship that fosters goodwill and good business.
Ron Burton, Rotary International President for 2013-14 has challenged us with the theme, "Engage Rotary - Change Lives." How powerful that is! More than 1.2 million Rotarians around the world--in 34,000 clubs in over 200 countries--have embraced the mission to improve communities through a range of humanitarian, intercultural and educational activities. .
Our over 140 members of Thousand Oaks Rotary theme is "Connect to Make a Difference" The difference is seen in the lives of others, ourselves and in our businesses. Just as Paul Harris, founder of Rotary, envisioned.
I am humbled and honored to serve as the President of the Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks for this coming year. If you are a member, thank you. If not, please give us a call --or join us on a Thursday at Los Robles Green Conference Center for an energizing lunch meeting and see for yourself.
CONNECT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!