My vision for 2015-2016 is modest in the fact that goals are minimal, but important to the growth and success of the Club:
· I plan to work with our Past president, Erin Makela, in launching a mentorship program with the Superior Young Professionals.
· Develop a Youth Protection Policy for the Club.
· Concentrate on increasing membership, while retaining current members, through many opportunities to participate in Club Service, Community Service, Vocational Service, International Service, Public Relations, Membership and the Foundation, along with the many fundraising and special projects we undertake during the year. Increasing the level of participation will keep everyone more engaged in the success of the Club.
· Utilize our Public Relations committee to inform the local community through positive news releases to promote our student Rotarians, charitable giving, member inductions and history of the Club, along with Ads highlighting Superior Rotary in the Positively Superior Magazine.
· We will concentrate on teamwork in our efforts and most importantly have Fun, Fun, Fun!
The Rotary Club of Superior thanks Erin Makela for her successful initiatives.
· Celebrating 25 years of women in Rotary - Events celebrating women & Rotary Programs highlighting some of the areas successful female Rotarians
· Light up Rotary 2014-2015 / Avenue of Flags project
· Mentoring the Superior Young Profession - This project is still a work in progress
In addition , $ 43,500 was donated to global projects, Scholarships and community charities during Erin’s Presidential year. The Club’s membership contributed $9,200 to the Foundation’s Annual Fund and $1,200 to Polio Plus.
A JOB WELL DONE PAST PRESIDENT ERIN!